Tuesday, January 12, 2010

you saw it coming

Firstly,
I have gotten two more artists to agree to help me out concerning the project that I'm working on (written about in my last post) so it is fully underway and I will probably launch it in the next few days so keep your eyes peeled!

Secondly, you saw it coming.
The Beach Mission Rant.
It will be short, it will be sweet, and there will be many photo's.

Let's get right into it. no fluff here.

1. Paper Runs
I was coupled up with my new found friend Laura to go tell people in the caravan park what we where doing each day. This was great as we where pretty tight from the get-go and having a friend there when you're talking to strangers helps a lot.
The first few days she lead the conversations with the random tents we where asked to encounter but by the end I was confident that I knew what I was doing and we formed some pretty good relationships with the people we saw every day.

Anna, Jen, Kate, Me, Laura

2. Cooks Night Off
A group of us where invited by Rachel (a 15 year old girl coming along to the activities) for dinner one night with her family. We had a great night and the food was pretty darn tasty.

3. The Teens.
I was on the 16+ section and hadn't done anything of the sort before (well study camp, but that was different).
I met a bunch of cool kids and could speak with them (all thanks to God) a lot more freely than I expected. God has recently showed me that I can engage with teens and I'm constantly finding myself in positions where I have to - eg. this year I plan to go back to my highschool to lead a student-run ISCF. I think God has moved my passion from youngins to older kids and it's cool 'cause that's where I'm needed.

I had a few awesome convo's with the teens and many where surprised that we were Christians seeing as we were different to the experiences they had at school.

It was also pretty cool when you'd be walking around the caravan park and you'd hear your name called out only to see a teenage boy with a bunch of his mates waving to you.

Us with a bunch of the teens on their last night.


4. The Teens Team
There was six of us in total running the 16+ section. As you can image, we became pretty tight by the end as we started our activities when everyone else went to bed.
Some memorable times with this team included our late night sing-a-long on the beach, featuring Elliot and I rapping "Lose Yourself" by Eminem, much to our shame.

Elliot, Me, Liam, Christine, Pete, Janelle

5. The Drive
How can I forget to mention the drive? Four hours each way, in a car with Jen and Kate, the Glee soundtack booming and us singing to "Golddigger" at the top of our lungs - this was definitely a highlight.

Jen, Kate and I


If you're interested on going to a mission lemme know. And come to this one :D

More music soon, don't worry!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I like this blog post!! Beach mission was amazing and wonderful and AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete